Discover The Best Homes for Sale in Shipyard Hilton Head SC
Shipyard Hilton Head is a charming and unique community on the southern shore of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. The 803-acre area boasts an array of amenities. The amenities include 27 holes of championship golf at the Shipyard Golf Club, one of the top 50 tennis resorts in the country at the Van Der Meer Shipyard Racquet Club, trails for biking and jogging, a first-class resort, a health spa, and, most importantly, a beautiful beach. Shipyard offers diversity and provides first-class living for visitors and residents. In addition, the homes for sale in Shipyard Hilton Head SC include properties from private neighborhoods. The Evian, Beachwalk, and Colonnade Club neighborhoods have luxury villas and rental properties. Moreover, Shipyard has a board of directors and property owners association that set rules for residing in the neighborhood. Let’s look further at the rich history and benefits of living in this lovely location.
Shipyard Hilton Head SC Homes For Sale History
Shipyard homes for sale are steeping with history from the mid-19th century. The vicinity acquired its name from the shipbuilding activities of the Ficklings family. However, the Plantation has undergone a remarkable transformation and is now a lively residential and resort hub. In addition, it offers residents many recreational activities, including golf, tennis, and other sports. Here are some quick facts about the area’s history:
- In November 1861, the U.S. Military staged its largest-ever amphibious landing until D-Day at the island. With remarkable efficiency, over 12,000 soldiers quickly captured Fort Beauregard on St. Philips Island and Fort Walker on Hilton Head Island. The island soon came under Union control, and served as their primary base throughout the Civil War.
- The Shipyard Plantation was established in the 1970s by the Hilton Head Company and became one of the island’s resort communities.
- Shipyard Golf Club, located within the community, was the former home of the Hilton Head Senior International from 1982 to 1984 and was rated as one of the finest layouts on the Champions Tour.
Communities in Hilton Head SC’s Shipyard
Home buyers looking for homes for sale in Shipyard Hilton Head might find one in any of the following communities:
- Beachwalk: Beachwalk is a complex of one to three-bedroom villas in Shipyard Plantation, a gated community. Moreover, it is the closest complex to the beach and club for beach-goers. The complex features a beautiful on-site pool, and guests can easily access the renowned Van-Der-Meer Tennis Center at the Shipyard Racquet Club across the street.
- Colonnade Club: Colonnade Club is a condo community that offers 11 great vacation rentals. So, it’s perfect for those who want an authentic taste of the island lifestyle. The complex is on the south end of Hilton Head Island. The Colonnade Club features a pool on site, and guests have easy access to the nearby beach and golf course.
- Evian: Evian is a gated community with beautifully landscaped grounds. It has two to three-bedroom villas that offer a variety of views, including a golf course, lagoon, and woodland views. In addition, guests can easily access the Shipyard Golf Club, which is just a short walk or bike ride away.
It’s easy to read about homes for sale in Shipyard Hilton Head SC. However, looking at listings to see the home specifications available is best. Click the link now to view coastal homes in the Shipyard neighborhood: https://coastallivingrealestate.com/hilton-head-island/shipyard/.